Everyone loves a good ab workout
So I decided to share a killer core circuit that is sure to make your abs burn!
- Roll outs: 5 – 10/ direction
- Pull your belly button in towards your spine and squeeze your bum to keep your core tight and to ensure there is no sag in your lower back.
- Try to keep the movement nice and slow, going further into the movement as you get stronger.
- Knee tucks: 10 – 15
- Again keep your core tight, and move through the movement slowly, bringing your knees just under your hips.
- Can be done in the TRX, as shown, or with a stability ball.
- Pike: 10 – 15
- Same set up as knee tucks, strong core, moving slowly, really pull your belly button in and lift as high as you can.
- Can also be done in TRX or with a stability ball.
- Complete each exercise for the stated number of reps, start at the lower end of the rep range and increase until you are strong enough to get to the higher end.
- Try to rest as little as possible between exercises, resting between rounds.
- Complete three rounds.
- Can be done before a workout, or at the end to burn out your core!
** Disclaimer: strictly doing ab workouts alone will not get you abs.
However, a strong core still has many benefits, including decreased low back pain and improved posture.
Furthermore, the only way to get abs is through decreasing your overall body fat through a full body workout and nutrition plan… But that is a whole other blog on it’s own. Therefore, I will just get right to the workout.