I love food.
But I do not always love preparing it.
That is why I love quick and easy recipes that do not require tonnes of fancy ingredients, but still taste good and don’t leave me still feeling hungry.
Enter, the muffin recipe that changed my life. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but these muffins are amazing.
They take about 10 minutes to prepare, and 15 -20 minutes to cook, plus they leave you feeling satisfied.
So, let’s get to it!
First, go preheat your over to 350.
Then grab 1 large mixing bowl, 1 medium mixing bowl and all your measuring cups and spoons along with…
- 3 scoops protein powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla, but you do you)
- 2 TBS melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener of your choice – maple syrup, agave, etc.)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- toppings – I used chocolate chips in this particular batch, but you can use nuts, berries, or whatever tickles your fancy.
What to do:
- Mix all the dry ingredients (protein, oats, baking powder and salt) together in the large mixing bowl
- Combine all of the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, greek yogurt, coconut oil, honey and milk) in the smaller bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir.
- Grease a muffin tray with either coconut oil or spray
- Pour batter evenly into the tray (should fit almost perfectly into 12)
- Mix in your toppings
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes (mine usually take 22 minutes because I make mine really big)
- Let cool for 10 or so minutes